- “Technical Transformations” The Cambridge History of America in the World 1900-1045, vol. 3, Brooke Blower & Andrew Preston, eds. (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2021).
- World Civilizations: The Global Experience, 8th College and AP editions, coauthored with Peter Stearns and Stuart Schwartz (Saddle River, NJ: Longman, 2020).
- Everyman in Vietnam: A Soldier’s Journey Into the Quagmire, coauthored with Joseph Gilch (New York: Oxford University Press, 2018).
- “Bad Wars, Failed Nation-Building, and the Retreat from Globalism,” Pacific and American Studies 18 (March, 2018), pp. 34-43.
- “Landmark Reforms, War, and Failed Leadership: The Enduring Legacy of 1968” Revisiting 1968: Analyzing an Age of Change [Japanese Translation], ed. Hiroshi Fujimoto (Nanzan University Press, 2018).
CURRENT BOOK IN PROGRESS
- Cancelling Cassandras: Warnings Dismissed and 20thCentury Global Calamities
- Toynbee Prize, 2012
- John Simon Guggenheim Fellow, 1984-1985
- Warren Susman Teaching Award (1987-1988) and Teacher of the Year Award (1992)
- NJ-NEH Book Award (1990) and the Dexter Prize (1991) for Machines as the Measure of Men