COURSES REGULARLY TAUGHT
- 595:101 Intro to Latino Studies
- 512:360/595:369 Latino History
- Mexican American History
- 2012 Brown in the Windy City: Mexicans and Puerto Ricans in Postwar Chicago (University of Chicago Press).
- “Moving Beyond Aztlán: Disrupting Nationalism and Geographic Essentialism in Chicano/a History,” in A Promising Problem: The New Chicana/o History, edited by Carlos K. Blanton (University of Texas Press, 2016): 59-83.
- “Ronald Reagan, Race, Civil Rights, and Immigration,” in The Companion to Ronald Reagan, edited by Andrew Johns (Wiley-Blackwell, 2014): 185-203.
- “Nativism, Xenophobia and Migration,” in Encyclopedia of Global Human Migration, edited by Immanuel Ness (Wiley-Blackwell, 2013).
- “Listening to House Music ‘Everywhere, Everyday’: Latino Youth Consuming and Producing Culture,” in Mapping Latina/o Studies: An Interdisciplinary Reader, edited by Angharad Valdivia & Matt Garcia (Peter Lang, 2012), 237-261.
- “From the Near West Side to 18th Street: Un/Making Latina/o Barrios in Postwar Chicago.” In Beyond el Barrio: Everyday Life in Latina/o America, edited by Gina Pérez, Frank Guridy, and Adrian Burgos (NYU Press, 2010): 233-252.
- “Urban History and the Construction of Social Difference,” special issue roundtable discussion honoring Michael B. Katz, Journal of Urban History 41, 4 (July 2015): 566-571.
- “Of Migrants and Immigrants: Mexican and Puerto Rican Labor Migration in Comparative Perspective, 1942-1964.” Journal of American Ethnic History 29, no. 3 (2010): 6-39.
- “From the Near West Side to 18th Street: Mexican Community Formation and Activism During Chicago's Civil Rights Era.” Journal of the Illinois State Historical Society 98, no. 3 (Autumn 2005): 162-183.
- Series Editor, “Historical Studies in Urban America,” University of Chicago Press, with Timothy Guilfoyle, Becky Nicolaides, and Amanda Seligman, April 2015 – ongoing
- Advisory Board Member, Latino Studies Journal, Spring 2016 – ongoing
- Editorial Board Member, Aztlán: A Journal of Chicano Studies, January 2015 – January 2018
- Advisory Board Member, Latinos and the Law Initiative, American Bar Foundation, August 2014 – ongoing
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of American Ethnic History, Fall 2013 - 2018