B.A., Louisiana State University
COURSES REGULARLY TAUGHT
- Development of the U.S. I & II
- Health and the Environment in the U.S.
- American Social History
- Sport in History
- “Contraception” in The International Encyclopedia of Women’s History, ed. Bonnie Smith (Oxford University Press 2008), vol. 1, pp: 477-486.
- “Gender Role: The Early History of a Concept,” in Great Interdisciplinary Ideas, ed. William Vesterman (Longman 2007), 492-501.
- “Young and Pregnant: Teenage Pregnancies in the United States” (with John Spurlock) in Adolescent Sexuality: A Historical Handbook and Guide, ed. Carolyn Cocca (Praeger 2006):31-44.
- American National Biography (1999), entries on:
E. G. Boring
Loraine L. Campbell
Robert L. Dickinson
Abraham and Hannah Stone
Robert M. Yerkes
- "The Birth Control Movement Before Roe v. Wade," Journal of Policy History 7:1 (1995): 22-52. Reprinted in The Politics of Abortion and Birth Control. Ed. Donald T. Critchlow. Pennsylvania State University Press, 1996.
- "Public Policy on Human Reproduction and the Historian," Journal of Social History 18 (March 1985): 383-398.