- Steven F. Lawson
- Professor Emeritus of History
- Degree: B.A., 1966, City College of New York
- Website: http://fas-history.rutgers.edu/lawson
- Email: email@example.com
M.A., 1967, Columbia University
Ph.D., 1974, Columbia University
COURSES REGULARLY TAUGHT
- Colloqium: Civil Rights Movement
- PDR III
- Exploring American Histories (Bedford/St. Martin’s Press, December 2012)
- In Pursuit of Power: Southern Blacks and Electoral Politics, 1965–1982 (New York: Columbia University Press, 1985)
- Running for Freedom: Civil Rights and Black Politics in America Since 1941. Philadelphia: Temple University Press (cloth) and New York: McGraw-Hill (paper), 1991.
- Running for Freedom: Civil Rights and Black Politics in America Since 1941, Second Edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1997.
- Debating the Civil Rights Movement, 1945-1968. Lanham, MD.: Rowman- Littlefield, 1998, with Charles Payne.
- Black Ballots: Voting Rights in the South, 1944-1969. [Reprint edition with new preface] Lanham, MD.: Lexington Books, 1999.
- CIVIL RIGHTS CROSSROADS: Nation, Community, and the Black Freedom Struggle University Press of Kentucky, 2003.
- Phi Alpha Theta Award for Best First Book, 1977
- CHOICE Outstanding Book for IN PURSUIT OF POWER, 1986.
- National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Reasearch Award, 1979
- American Council of Learned Societies Summer Fellowship, 1979
- National Humanities Center Fellow, 1987-88.
- American Historical Association
- Organization of American Historians
- Southern Historical Asscoiation