El Salvador; Mexico; Guatemala; Caribbean; US Puerto Ricans and Lations
COURSES REGULARLY TAUGHT
- History of Central American Revolutions
- US Latino History
- History of Mexico
- US Latino Labor History
- Latino New York
- Puerto Rican History
- History of Cuba
- Peasants and Workers in Latin America
- Central America and the Caribbean
- Latin American Workers, South and North
- The Caribbean in the Age of Revolution
- Latin America during the nineteenth Century
- State, Nation and Revolution in Central America
- Rethinking the Struggle for Puerto Rican Rights (Co-editor, Lorrin R. Thomas). Routledge, 2013.
- To Rise in Darkness: Revolution, Repression, and Memory in El Salvador (Jeffrey Gould, Co-Author). Duke University Press, 2008.
- Landscapes of Struggle: Politics, Society, and Community in El Salvador (Co-editor Leigh Binford) University of Pittsburgh Press, 2005.
- An Agrarian Republic: Commercial Agriculture and the Politics of Peasant Communities in El Salvador, 1823-1914. University of Pittsburgh Press, 1999.
- Identity and Struggle at the Margins of the Nation-State: The Laboring Peoples of Central America and the Hispanic Caribbean (co-editor Aviva Chomsky). Duke University Press, 1998.
BOOKS IN PROGRESS
- A history of Puerto Rican workers and work in New York City, 1918-1970
- Nineteenth-Century Peasants, Coffee and Mestizaje in Eastern Mexico